Introduction to Manitoba Society of Pharmacists
Why become a member?
The purpose of the MSP is to advocate for compensation for professional services, promote the value and role of pharmacists and advance the profession’s position on issues and legislation. The Summary Strategic Plan provides a more in-depth view of the value that comes with MSP membership.
VISION : To unify and advance the pharmacy profession
MISSION: To enhance the recognition and compensation of professional services while inspiring excellence in practice.
The Benefits of Membership
- Malpractice Insurance through the CPBA: basic personal malpractice coverage of $2 Million per occurrence / $4 Million aggregate (higher limits are available).
- Access to The MSP Insurance Program that offers policies on life, and extended health through Oguzhan Ozturk at Ozturk Financial Services and Commercial and Property Insurance through Matthew Blank at Ruban Insurance.
- A legal assistance plan for members and immediate family through D’Arcy & Deacon.
- Coverage of certain practice related legal expenses incurred in Civil Court or at disciplinary hearing involving the Manitoba Pharmaceutical Association (certain conditions apply).
- ScotiaMcLeod offers Financial Management Services along with unique benefits for members and their immediate family.
- AVIS Rent a Car membership savings card for special discounts.
- Winnipeg Winter Club offers members a discounted rate. The club has an excellent sporting facility located close to downtown Winnipeg.
- Academy Massage Therapy offers members a corporate discount for their services. Academy Massage Therapy has two locations in Winnipeg.
- Communication Magazine with accredited and non-accredited Continuing Education units included.
- Member updates via Communication Plus, our email newsletter.
- Weekly job posting and listing of available pharmacists.
- Access to MSP’s website.
- Annual Wage and Benefits survey.
- Negotiate with third parties on fees and reimbursement issues.
- Political Action for Pharmacy
- Mediate disputes between pharmacists and third parties over fees and interpretation of provider agreements.
- Promote pharmacists and their services.
- Access to the Scotia Professional Plan.
- The MTS Centre offers exclusive group ticket options and discounts to a variety of events.
- Premiere Van Lines offers discounts for local and long distance moves.
- Real estate member savings program to earn rebate incentives while being represented by top Royal Lepage realtors.